Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration in the exact same form (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor). Articles may refer to other journals and serve as an interpretation of technical articles for a broader audience, but there must not be significant overlap in content.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, LibreOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Images include caption and credit information, and the author(s) must have permission to use the images with the article. Images should properly attribute the source of the image. Refer to Creative commons attribution guidelines for CC-licensed images.
Science Communication Articles
Original Science Communication articles comprise the unique contextual contribution of Earthzine and serve to bridge the technical, expert and non-specialist in identified areas of societal needs.
The names and email addresses entered on the Earthzine site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this magazine and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Earthzine is an online publication that fosters Earth observation, utilization of Earth information, sustainability, and global awareness. In so doing, Earthzine welcomes submissions that explore the disciplinary and regionally diverse topics encompassing Earth observation, application of Earth information and sustainable practices for the benefit of humanity.
Earthzine editors review submitted material for content, accuracy and appropriateness and may forward submissions to external subject-specific experts for additional review. Each submission may be edited for length, language, and factual content. Authors are provided an opportunity to review and revise the edited draft and respond to reviewers’ comments prior to publication. The final decision to publish is made by the Editor. Earthzine espouses the values of tolerance and respect in the content it posts.
The diversity of viewpoints and opinions is extensive. To accommodate and foster the benefits of this diversity, Earthzine encourages the inclusion of a wide range of perspectives in a vibrant discourse on relevant contemporary issues. Earthzine views favorably the submission of thoughtful and stimulating articles, Opinion Essays, Editorials, and Letters that offer fresh perspectives. The categories in which submissions are published are at the discretion of the Editor. Authors should consult Earthzine Writer’s Guidelines and Reviewer Guidelines for further information.
Views offered in published material are those of the submitting author, and not the Earthzine staff, Editor, OES, or IEEE.